This dessert was really simple and one of the first recipes I remember my mum allowing me to make on my own!
You just dissolved the crystals, let them cool & then whisked in the Carnation Milk. After a few hours in the fridge you had a yummy pink mixture that was light & fluffy & melted in your mouth. Delicious with whipped cream & a few strawberries!
Here’s the recipe…
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 x 85g packets strawberry jelly crystals
- 2 cups boiling water
- 375ml can evaporated milk, chilled overnight
- Dissolve jelly crystals in water. Set aside to cool completely, but not set.
- Whip evaporated milk with electric beater for 3 to 5 minutes or until thick and frothy.
- Stir through jelly mixture. Pour into a 1 litre jelly mould. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set completely.